Living in Northern New England, we spend most of our snowy winters longing for summertime and warmer days. That’s why, when grilling season rolls around, we’re more than ready to fire up the gas grill for those backyard BBQ’s!
Grilling encompasses so much more than burgers and dogs. This summer, we’ve rounded up some easy flavorful recipes for a better dinner tonight. You can go beyond the basics and try grilling desserts, pizzas, and appetizers, too.
We recommend using a propane gas grill for precise temperature control, no charcoal mess, and easy clean up! And since propane is an EPA certified green energy, gas grills are better for the environment than alternative options.
Now, let’s get cooking! Scroll through the slides for the recipes.
Grilled Scallops with Remoulade Sauce
Here’s a quick grilled scallop recipe sure to impress your family and guests!
Ingredients (serves 4)
· 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
· 2 teaspoons chopped shallot (from 1 shallot)
· 1/2 tablespoon non-pareil capers, drained and chopped
· 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
· 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1 pound sea scallops (about 16 scallops)
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Bacon Ranch Chicken Kabobs
These ranch chicken kabobs are very flavorful with minimal ingredients. Try these for a quick weeknight meal or your next backyard party. Who can resist chicken, ranch and bacon?
Ingredients (serves 8)
· 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1/4 c. olive oil
· 1/4 tsp pepper
· 3 Tbsp ranch seasoning
· 16 oz bacon
Get the full recipe here.
Photo & recipe credit: Gimme Some Grilling.
Try grilling an assortment of colorful veggies as a delicious side. Grilling vegetables adds a smoky flavor and brings out their natural sugars. Toss extra veggies on the grill and add to frittatas, paninis, salads, pizzas, pasta, or rice bowls during the week.
Ingredients (serves 6)
· 2 pounds assorted vegetables trimmed and halved or cut into 2 inch pieces Such as asparagus, mushrooms, red onion, red bell peppers, baby carrots and yellow squash.
· 5 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
· 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
· 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped