Tropical Storm Readiness Tips
With the latest forecast for stormy weather and the threat of Tropical Storm Henri hitting New England early next week, we want to share some storm readiness tips. Below are a few tips to help ensure you’re prepared. Stay safe out there!
- Secure any items in your yard that could become wind blown and cause damage, such as patio umbrellas.
- It is NEVER safe to touch a power line! Stay clear of and do not handle downed power lines.
- If your generator doesn’t automatically cycle, start it and run it to be sure it’s in good working order.
- Fill empty containers with drinkable water in the event of a boil water order. If you have a propane stove, you’re lucky – you’ll be able to boil water if needed.
- If an evacuation order is announced – evacuate. Do not try to ride it out. Be sure your vehicle’s fuel tank is topped off.
- Now is the time to check flashlights and emergency radios for batteries.
- In high winds, stay clear of large windows.
- Shelter in your basement if tornado warnings are announced and do not emerge until the all clear is announced.