With the latest forecast for stormy weather and the threat of Tropical Storm Henri hitting New England early next week, we want to share some storm readiness tips. Below are a few tips to help ensure you’re prepared. Stay safe out there!
- Secure any items in your yard that could become wind blown and cause damage, such as patio umbrellas.
- It is NEVER safe to touch a power line! Stay clear of and do not handle downed power lines.
- If your generator doesn’t automatically cycle, start it and run it to be sure it’s in good working order.
- Fill empty containers with drinkable water in the event of a boil water order. If you have a propane stove, you’re lucky – you’ll be able to boil water if needed.
- If an evacuation order is announced – evacuate. Do not try to ride it out. Be sure your vehicle’s fuel tank is topped off.
- Now is the time to check flashlights and emergency radios for batteries.
- In high winds, stay clear of large windows.
- Shelter in your basement if tornado warnings are announced and do not emerge until the all clear is announced.